JUNE 2016 LOUDOUN COUNTY MARKET TRENDS REPORT: LOUDOUN HOME SALES REACH TEN-YEAR HIGH IN JUNE
The following analysis of the Loudoun County, Virginia housing market has been prepared for the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® based on analysis of MRIS multiple listing data by MarketStats by ShowingTime.
• Loudoun County’s median sales prices increased for the 10th consecutive month in June, climbing 0.7 percent to $445,000. This marks a 41 percent appreciation versus the $315,000 low of April 2009.
• Closed sales are back up after a two month recess this spring, up 2.5 percent over June 2015.
• New listing activity increased slightly versus last year, with 992 homes added in June, up 0.6 percent from June 2015.
• There were 1,848 homes for sale at the end of the month, which is down 16.5 percent from this time last year, leaving only 3.5 months of supply.
• Half the homes sold in June were listed for 13 days or less, down 38 percent from June 2015, when the market was more balanced with 4.6 months of supply.
Have you been thinking about purchasing a new home? Wondering what cou
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area."