April 2016 Loudoun County Market Trends Report: Homes Selling Twice as Fast as 2015 with Re-emergence of Seller’s Market prepared for the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® based on an analysis of MRIS/MLS multiple listing data by ShowingTime RealEstate Business Intelligence (RBI). The report is sponsored by DAAR Affiliate Tom Ciolkosz, Access National Bank, (703) 871-1045, email@example.com and Patty Foster, 703-871-1014, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Loudoun County’s median sales prices increased for the 8th consecutive month in April, climbing 3.6 percent to $434,900. This marks a 38 percent appreciation versus the $315,000 low of April 2009.
• Though closed sales declined slightly for the second straight month, contract activity in April spiked 10.9 percent versus last year, indicating closed sales growth should return again in May.
• New listing activity decreased versus last year for the 11th time in 12 months, with the 1,256 homes added in April missing the April 2014 tally by 2.5 percent.
• Inventories continue to shrink as purchase activity picks up while listing activity shrinks. The 1,789 active listings at month’s end are 17.5 percent less than last year and represent 3.5 months of supply.
• Half the homes sold in April’s seller’s market were listed for 12 days or less; this is half the median DOM seen in April 2015 when the market was more balanced with 4.7 months of supply. There are only 1.9 months of townhouse supply available, driving the segment’s median DOM down to only 8 days.
• Competition among buyers has driven the average amount of original list price received at sale up to 97.9 percent, higher than the 97.5 percent average SP to OLP ratio recorded last April.
To review Loudoun County existing housing statistics since 2000, including average sales price by month, click here.
Author:Melody Visser Phone: 703-785-8203 Dated: May 19th 2016 Views: 214 About Melody: Melody Hall Visser is a passionate Realtor who lists, sells, and dwells in Northern Virginia. Curren...
Have you been thinking about purchasing a new home? Wondering what cou
"I'm so thankful for Jason Jordan! I have to say he is patient! And I am determined and stubborn. My fiance and I had a list of standards and requirements for our first home purchase together and I wasn't willing to waiver on any of them. We came close but thankfully our dream house was just around the corner. Jason set up a customized home search for us with our specific requirements on it, which would be sent to us daily, and I would go through them diligently. As soon as we had an official contract on our townhome that we had to sell, I made of list of my top 4 homes I wanted to see. You know what I realized? The house I fell in love with came back on the market! MY DREAM! Now, the other homes were still wonderful and we had yet to see them. Mr Jordan was wonderful and took us through them all so that we could be CERTAIN we felt we were making the best decision. When we walked into our house I knew it was mine! Just felt it in my bones. And it met EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT!
Things I like about Jason:
1. He is quick to respond and responds honestly. NO BS.
2. Super helpful and informative especially if you don't know about layouts or terminology. He will walk you right through it. This was my first experience and am glad I had Jason there to walk me through it.
3. Familiarity with Virginia is also a plus. He has been living and working in the area for quite a while and is familiar with it. So he can help guide you to the neighborhoods that give you that home feeling that is right for you!
4. Did I mention that if you are selling a home he puts on one hell of an open house?
Trust me, he's great and I'm in the home of my dreams. I know what I'm talking about!"