Our homes require regular maintenance, both to protect our personal safety and to avoid costly repairs.
Here are five of the most important items you should check in your home (I would suggest checking these items on a monthly basis).
1. The fire extinguisher: It’s recommended that you keep at least one fire extinguisher on every floor. You should also keep one in the garage and in the basement.
2. Staircases and banisters: A loose railing or banister could spell disaster. Regularly check your stairs and the accompanying railings to make sure they’re secure.
3. Smoke detectors: Be diligent about testing your smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide detectors) and replacing batteries. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, smoke detectors should be tested at least once a month, and batteries should be replaced at least twice a year. A good rule of thumb is to change the batteries when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings.
4. Electrical outlets: Outlets in kitchens and bathrooms should have a “test” button. It’s part of a system that prevents electrocution. Plug in a hair dryer, and push the “test” button—the hair dryer should turn off right away.
5. Water quality: If you’ve never tested your water for harmful contaminants, you can purchase a kit to test it yourself, or hire a professional.
Remember to check these items on a monthly basis. Have any questions? Feels free to reach out!
At your service,
Jessica A. Parker
Call or text me at (703) 424-4853
Email me at email@example.com
Connect with me on FB at www.facebook.com/parkersellshomes/
Author:Jessica Parker Phone: 703-424-4853 Dated: November 27th 2016 Views: 110 About Jessica: ...
Have you been thinking about purchasing a new home? Wondering what cou
"We enjoyed working with Melody from the moment we met! As first time home buyers, we had a lot of questions, and were a little “green” on the whole process. Melody spent a big chunk of her Saturday morning with us going over the market, the home buying process, and answering all of our questions; no matter how silly. We related to her very well, and felt like she just “got us”. She was great about sending listings, responding to any and all emails, and coordinating showings of homes with us. She had a great understanding of what we were looking for, and even helped us realize things we didn’t even know we may need or want in a home. We found the perfect home for us rather quickly, and Melody was very quick when negotiating our offer, and following up with the selling parties. She referred us to a great lender, a wonderful settlement company, and our entire process went smoothly thanks to her professionalism and follow through. We couldn’t have asked for anyone better and will be referring everyone we know to Melody, as well as calling her in the future when its time to do this fun process all over again!”"