Our homes require regular maintenance, both to protect our personal safety and to avoid costly repairs.
Here are five of the most important items you should check in your home (I would suggest checking these items on a monthly basis).
1. The fire extinguisher: It’s recommended that you keep at least one fire extinguisher on every floor. You should also keep one in the garage and in the basement.
2. Staircases and banisters: A loose railing or banister could spell disaster. Regularly check your stairs and the accompanying railings to make sure they’re secure.
3. Smoke detectors: Be diligent about testing your smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide detectors) and replacing batteries. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, smoke detectors should be tested at least once a month, and batteries should be replaced at least twice a year. A good rule of thumb is to change the batteries when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings.
4. Electrical outlets: Outlets in kitchens and bathrooms should have a “test” button. It’s part of a system that prevents electrocution. Plug in a hair dryer, and push the “test” button—the hair dryer should turn off right away.
5. Water quality: If you’ve never tested your water for harmful contaminants, you can purchase a kit to test it yourself, or hire a professional.
Remember to check these items on a monthly basis. Have any questions? Feel free to contact me!
At your service,
Call or text me at (703) 362-4024
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author:Rhonda Johnson Phone: 703-362-4024 Dated: November 27th 2016 Views: 38 About Rhonda: ...
No matter how much time you spend on researching and educating yoursel
"“I met Melody at an open house for a property my husband and I were interested in at the time. Melody’s warmth, friendliness and professionalism stood out. When we were ready to make a home purchase (a year later)- Melody was first on our list of real estate agents to contact. She helped us purchase our new home and rent our previous home quickly and stress free! Melody is a detail-oriented, highly responsive real estate pro. Her customer service skills are impeccable. If you’re in the market to buy, sell or rent a home- Melody is the one to call! I promise you won’t be disappointed.”"